Monday, December 3, 2012

18w0d

How Far Along: 18 weeks, 0 days
Size of Baby: The baby is the size of a sweet potato or bell pepper. Those seem like totally different vegetables. Either way, it seems much bigger and older.
Continuing Symptoms: Same old, same old. Nothing new. Actually starting to feel really great and normal!
New Symptoms This Week: My GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - it's a side effect of my Crohn's) has come back, which is NO fun. It's basically heartburn on acid (pun intended!)
Sleep: I wake up about once a night around 4 am to use the restroom, but that's it. I have no problem getting right back to sleep.
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing crazy. I've even stopped really wanting ice cream. I always have a box of Nilla wafers and Cheezits white cheddar crackers in my desk at work, though! I still love beef jerky. Weird mix of snacks!
Movement: Come'on, baby, I want to feel you kick!
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!! I still can't get over the fact that I'm going to have a little boy. It's what I've always wanted. I am not a hugely over-emotional person, but the sight of a tiny pair of jeans turns me to goo. Jeremy thinks I am going to spoil this little boy rotten. Probable.
Maternity Clothes: I need maternity pants, but I am still getting along with just a larger shirt. I'm only 5'3", so the baby really has nowhere to grow but OUT!
What I Miss: Nothing, really!
Special Pregnancy Moments: Reaching 18 weeks today feels very "official." Like I've reached some kind of milestone. I'm waiting for those first kicks :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com