Monday, December 24, 2012

21w0d

How Far Along: 21 weeks, 0 days!
Size of Baby: The baby is the size of a banana. I don't know when I started disliking bananas, but I do. I like banana flavored foods - I love banana bread. But raw bananas? I'm not the biggest fan.
Continuing Symptoms: Same old, same old.
New Symptoms This Week: My backaches have miraculously gone away, and I'm feeling good.
Sleep: Sigh. Saturday night I couldn't get to sleep until 3 am, and then I woke up at 5 to use the restroom. Last night I had trouble getting to sleep. I really hope insomnia doesn't come to stay!
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing crazy, but I always crave salty over sweet. Old wive's tales say that I'm definitely having a boy since I crave salty things, but that's been the only old wive's tale that's been accurate for me!
Movement: This kid thumps around all day now! There's no denying that he's moving around in there. Jeremy felt him kick for the first time yesterday during Sunday afternoon football. Obviously, this is a sign that our baby already loves sports.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!! I've been irritated by some people's reactions lately when I tell them it's a boy. It's always the women - I think most women think it would be more fun to have a girl. When I happily say "It's a boy!!," I've had a few women say things like, "Well, as long as it's healthy, that's all that matters!" Uh, ok. I've longed for a little boy from the beginning, and I'm ashamed to say that I might have been a little disappointed if the ultrasound tech told me it was a girl. I can't wait to meet my little boy.
Maternity Clothes: I can't deny it. I need maternity clothes. I'm pretty sure Jeremy got me some cute maternity clothes for Christmas that I desperately need. My mom got me an adorable comfy maternity cardigan that I've been living in all week.
What I Miss: I miss booze. I really do!
Special Pregnancy Moments: Feeling him kick like crazy this week has been awesome. When Jeremy felt the baby kick for the first time, we both got giddy. It was surreal and amazing.
What We Are Looking Forward To: We have our 20-week ultrasound on Friday (I know, 2 weeks late) and I can't wait to see how big he's gotten in the past 8 weeks!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com