Monday, December 17, 2012

20w0d

How Far Along: 20 weeks, 0 days...Half-way cooked!!!!
Size of Baby: The baby is the size of a cantaloupe. That sounds huge. Actually, baby is only about 10 inches long (that does seem big!) and weighs almost 9oz.
Continuing Symptoms: Same old, same old.
New Symptoms This Week: My lower back has started to ache a little. Nothing terrible, but if I stand too long, or sit too long, my back aches. I try to get up and move a little from my desk every day.
Sleep: Sigh. I'm waking up more often in the middle of the night to use the restroom now, and I find that it's harder to get back to sleep. I usually fall back to sleep within 15 minutes, so that's not bad, but I usually never even wake up at all! So this tends to make me a little more tired and grumpy throughout the day.
Cravings/Aversions: These past couple weeks I've been wanting to eat ruby red grapefruit. It's not in season, so I can't. Boo. But every yummy Christmas treat that comes through the office building looks delicious, and I can't resist. Soooo...I'm going to start going to the gym tomorrow. Hmph.
Movement: Well, well. I've finally got some kicks. Some real kicks. This is a good story. I was having some strange symptoms last Thursday, and called the on-call doctor because I was worried. I was only mildly concerned, and figured it was better to be safe than sorry. Well, Miss On Call Doctor got really clinical and over-helpful, saying words like "threatened miscarriage." Obviously, everything is fine, and I guess she is a doctor, but I freaked out. I stared hysterically crying (and I'm not a crier) and laid in bed, sobbing at the prospect of losing my little boy. I hadn't felt him kick yet, so my crying turned frantic as my thoughts raced all over the place. Right when my crying was at its peak, I felt a huge kick, right where my hand was resting. It was such an obvious kick that I immediately stopped crying, and started to laugh. I couldn't believe it - this kid must have known I needed some reassurance, and gave me a good, hard, true kick to let me know that he was just fine. Since then, I've felt some thumps and bumps and flutters when I'm sitting still, or laying in bed. It's the best feeling ever.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!! I'm still over the moon that I'm having a boy. Sometimes just thinking about what he'll look like makes me feel weepy. It must be the hormones. Really.
Maternity Clothes: I can't deny it. I need maternity clothes. Sigh.
What I Miss: I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my old body. I miss my thin(ner) body. I'm so, so happy to be pregnant and to be this little boy's mama, but let me tell you - I'll be working to get back into shape asap. There's ain't nothing that is super sexy about gaining weight, baby or not.
Special Pregnancy Moments: The first kick was amazing, pure joy. This kid has my heart already. And reaching the 20 week mark this week feels amazing. I'm half-way to meeting my boy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com