Thursday, November 29, 2012

17w3d

How Far Along: 17 weeks, 3 days
Size of Baby: The baby is the size of an onion. What a weird comparison, right?
Continuing Symptoms: No symptoms anymore! I can see why every pregnant woman thinks the second trimester is wonderful. Because it is. I have energy back, I actually "look" pregnant now, no nausea, my appetite is back. It's great. Just a tiny bit of lower back pain, but it's managable.
New Symptoms This Week: Nothing to report. Yay!
Sleep: I wake up about once a night around 4 am to use the restroom, but that's it. I have no problem getting right back to sleep.
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing crazy. I've even stopped really wanting ice cream. I always have a box of Nilla wafers and Cheezits white cheddar crackers in my desk at work, though! I still love beef jerky. Weird mix of snacks!
Movement: I have felt tiny flutters, but no kicks yet. I can't wait for those!
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!! So, so, so thrilled about that.
Maternity Clothes: I need maternity pants, but I am still getting along with just a larger shirt. I'm only 5'3", so the baby really has nowhere to grow but OUT!
What I Miss: Nothing, really!
Special Pregnancy Moments: Am I a bad mother if I say that this past week has been hectic and boring and I haven't had a chance to think about pregnancy moments lately? Besides the fact that a woman in Dunkin Donuts told me yesterday that I was HUGE, and looked 7 months pregnant, not almost 5, and that my baby will be HUGE, and I might need a C-Section because my baby will be HUGE? Sheesh. I've gained 5 pounds in 18 weeks. Give me a break. I am not huge. Plus, HOW RUDE!!!

ps - I totally forgot that at the last OB appointment last week, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. 160 bpm, like it's been for awhile. The doctor noticed that the little guy is sitting very low, underneath my belly button, probably right on my bladder. (which makes sense, since I always have to pee, but when I go, hardly anything trickles out. Ha!) I'd heard the heartbeat before, but for some reason, hearing it right there at that moment made me really feel like this was happening. It was very surreal and wonderful.
What We Are Looking Forward To: I'm looking forward to the first real kick. Come'on, baby, give me some kicks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com