Tuesday, October 23, 2012

12w1d

How Far Along: 12 weeks, 1 day
Size of Baby: The baby is the size of a plum. The next-door neighbor girls used to have a plum tree in their back yard - I spent my summers swimming in their pool, only getting out to run to the plum tree to grab a plum. We would get back into the pool to wash off the sticky plum juice, and I remember having more than one bellyache from eating too many plums. This is one plum I won't be eating. Ha!
Continuing Symptoms: Exhaustion, sore breasts, crazy emotions, nausea.
New Symptoms This Week: The nausea has been very mild, but lingering. It ensures that I'm never that hungry. I haven't gained any weight yet, and I'm one week away from the 2nd trimester!
Sleep: I am a sleep machine. I have started to take naps in my car on my lunchbreak. Yes, I really do. I'm not embarassed - I need me some naps!
Cravings/Aversions: No food really sounds that good, except for cereal. I love, love cereal. I could eat Frosted Mini Wheats all dang day. But if a food doesn't sound good, you better get it away from me quick. And I do mean quick.
Movement: Still way too early for that!
Gender: I'm still convinced it's a boy. I just can't imagine it being a girl - I will be shocked if they tell us it's a girl!
Maternity Clothes: I don't understand why all women don't wear maternity pants. Hello....they are so comfortable! I don't need them, but they are unbelievably comfortable. No belly yet, sadly. I'm sure I will be as big as a house soon, though.
What I Miss: I miss the days of no nausea. Ha!
Special Pregnancy Moments: Seeing the baby look like a real little human on the ultrasound last week. So amazing.
What We Are Looking Forward To: To be honest, my Crohn's is starting to be a pain, and I can't wait to get my Remicade infusion in 3 days. It will help me feel so much better. I'm also looking forward to another peek at my plum on Friday, too! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com