Monday, September 17, 2012

7w1d

How Far Along: 7 weeks, 1 day
Size of Baby: The baby is the size of a blueberry this week. It's crazy how much they grow in one week!
Continuing Symptoms: Exhaustion, sore breasts, crampy, crazy emotions!
New Symptoms This Week: I still do not have morning sickness - I'm hoping that I will never get it! It would be reassuring to have some nausea, but nothing so far. I have small waves of nausea after I eat, or when I think about eating a yucky food. Other than that, I feel great.
Sleep: I've been feeling more tired. It used to take me about 30 minutes to fall asleep - now, my head hits the pillow, and I'm out. I've been extra-groggy when I wake up, and it's been a struggle to get out of bed at 5am every morning.
Cravings/Aversions: Nothing crazy. I've been craving pineapple and watermelon, but that's not so great for my Crohn's. Bummer.
Movement: Still way too early for that!
Gender: I found that I've been referring to the baby as "he." I've got a sneaking suspicion that this is a boy, but it's not based on any fact - just a feeling. The Chinese gender predictor says I'm having a girl, but I think that's a bunch of bologna anyway. I mean, there's really a 50/50 chance either way, right??
Maternity Clothes: So, I don't have any fall clothes that will fit me right now - the prednisone made me gain a little weight this spring, so I am in need of fall clothes. I am going to buy myself some maternity leggings tonight, and wear them with boots and sweaters. It's supposed to be 64 degrees tomorrow - fall is officially here!
What I Miss: I hope this doesn't sound snotty, but I miss people minding their own business! Everyone has an opinion, and some people don't realize that I have to do things a certain way because of my Crohn's disease. Yes, I would eat a salad everyday if I could, but I can't, so mind your own business!! :) (putting a smiley face after every snotty comment makes it ok, right?)
Special Pregnancy Moments: I was at my best friend's child's 2nd birthday party, and she told people I was pregnant. It felt nice to be congratulated. I felt like part of the pregnant "group." I promise, I won't become one of those crazy, cult moms who only hangs out with moms and pregnant people.
What We Are Looking Forward To: The first ultrasound is tomorrow. Eeek. I shouldn't be nervous, but oh, I am. I think it will all suddenly seem real when I see that little heartbeat. Because I don't have morning sickness, this hasn't seemed "real" yet. I can't wait to see you for the first time, little bean!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com