Monday, February 11, 2013

28w0d....third trimester!!!

I know, I missed weeks 26 and 27. I'm bad. It's been such a terribly busy week, and I haven't been feeling super awesome. And not too much has really changed, up until 28 weeks.
How Far Along: 28 weeks, 0 days!
Size of Baby: The baby is the size of Chinese cabbage. Well, now. I've never eaten a Chinese cabbage, but my baby book says the kidlet should weigh about 2.5 pounds (!!!) and be almost 15 inches long. So, so crazy.
Continuing Symptoms: Same old.
New Symptoms This Week: I've had little bouts of hip pain, which isn't awesome. Mostly when I'm in bed, though. I've developed some super-sexy swollen feet. If only I could wear slippers to work every day.
Sleep: I'm waking up about 3 - 4 times a night now. I can easily go back to sleep, but it leaves me feeling more tired during the day. The fuzzy body pillow is a life-saver, though. While in San Diego, I was achy and didn't sleep well. Last night, in bed with Jeremy and my body pillow, I slept really well.
Cravings/Aversions: Besides the fact that I'm hungry.all.the.time??? I just want food. All the time. I can almost eat as much as my 15 year old brother, who is super athletic and active. I've got to force myself to stop eating. So that's why I'm gaining to much weight....
Movement:  Kiddo kicks all the time now. He's not a violent kicker; I can just feel him thumping around. During the afternoons he's pretty quiet. He goes crazy at night, which I love.
Gender: IT'S (still) A BOY!!! All the little boy clothes are so adorable. And I'm secretly thrilled that I don't have to deal with more pinks and purples. Sometimes I hope I'll only have boys!
Maternity Clothes: All my clothes are maternity. I am absolutely loving the maternity tank tops from Old Navy - I pair them with a cardigans and leggings and I'm ready for work.
What I Miss: I miss my pre-pregnancy body. I feel bad for saying it, because I love this baby boy so much, but I miss my body. I hate feeling so large. And my chest is huge, and I hate that. I miss my slim pre-pregnancy feet!
Special Pregnancy Moments: The baby shower on February 9th was so great. My sister-in-law did such an amazing job. I couldn't be more grateful for all the hard work she put into it; it was absolutely perfect.
Also, today is officially the 3rd trimester! We're in the home stretch!!! Eeek.
What We Are Looking Forward To: I'm looking forward to seeing his little face at our 32 week ultrasound (if the doctor says I can have one at 32 weeks). I really really really want to do a 3D ultrasound, but Jeremy is being a grinch...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com