Thursday, January 24, 2013

25w3d

How Far Along: 25 weeks, 3 days!
Size of Baby: The baby is the size of an eggplant. Sorry, baby, but I've never liked eggplant. I think it taste slimy and bland. But an eggplant is good-sized! I can't believe how big the baby is really getting. It amazes me every day to think about it.
Continuing Symptoms: Same old!
New Symptoms This Week: Nothing new, which is nice. I know some women have sciatica and round ligament pain, and all kinds of ailments. I'm very lucky that I just feel huge - no pain for me, really.
Sleep: I wake up about 2 times during the night to use the restroom, which is not bad compared to some women. I bought myself a body pillow with a soft, fuzzy cover, and it.is.wonderful.
Cravings/Aversions: Jeremy and I comment all the time (knock on wood) that I haven't really had too many cravings or aversions. Just little things here and there, but nothing that I can't live without.
Movement: It's fun to see him kick all the time now. He kicks after every meal, but he kicks the most in the evening. He is pretty quiet during the afternoon hours, and I assume he sleeps. When I am sitting down, I can feel him kick very low, inches below my bellybutton. When I'm laying down, however, I can see his kicks way above my belly button. It's so fun. He seems to always be laying on my right side...I hardly ever feel a kick on my left side!
Gender: IT'S (still) A BOY!!! All the little boy clothes are so adorable. And I'm secretly thrilled that I don't have to deal with more pinks and purples. Sometimes I hope I'll only have boys!
Maternity Clothes: All my clothes are maternity, except the cute long & lean tanks at Target. I LOVE those tank tops!!!
What I Miss: I miss my pre-pregnancy body. I feel bad for saying it, because I love this baby boy so much, but I miss my body. I hate feeling so large. And my chest is huge, and I hate that.
Special Pregnancy Moments: Watching the baby kick is so, so fun. I love when even Jeremy can see him kick :)
What We Are Looking Forward To: I am looking forward to my baby shower in San Diego on February 9th. I know it's a long way away, but I haven't been home since my wedding more than a year ago, and I'm anxious to see all my friends and family. Plus, it will be fun to see all the cute baby things we get :) I've started to take peeks at my registries, and it's fun to see that items have been bought off them (even though I know it's my mom doing all that buying, it's still SO fun!)
 
I have my gestational diabetes test tomorrow, which I'm NOT excited about!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com